Calling All Those Interested In Photography…
Please come join us for some fun, fellowship, and learning on Wednesday nights at 7pm in the Jr High Room on the third floor. Whether you are new to photography or experienced this is a great way to get involved and Do Something. During this series of classes we will explore the basics of the craft, have practical exercises, and even get in a field trip or two in. If you are interest please join us on the following dates:
10/06 – 7-9pm – Jr High Room – Intro to the team & who we are as a ministry
10/13 – 7-9pm – Jr High Room – Fundamental Techniques
10/20 – 7-9pm – Jr High Room – Practical Use Of Different Camera Modes
11/03 – 7-9pm – Jr High Room – Framing & Composition
11/10 – 7-9pm – Jr High Room – Creative Techniques
11/17 – 7-9pm – Jr High Room – Equipment, Bodies, Lenses & Flashes
Photo Class 1: Fundamental Techniques
Photo Class 1
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Jr High Room
Are you interested in photography? Do you want to learn more about the art or maybe you just want to take a better family photo? If you answered yes to either of those questions please come join us for our first class. We have already had a great intro session but there is still room for more people. Feel free to come and check us out. For those who would like to participate please see below for a few things to remember to bring to the first class.
- Please read through your manual for your camera and bring it to class. If you are missing a manual you can find it on the manufactures’ website for most models. You don’t need to know it all, just become a little more familiar with your camera.
- Always bring your camera to class if you have one. We may need it to instruct you on a particular technique.
- If you are shooting digital please make sure the battery is charged and that you have a card ready with available space.
- If you are shooting film please make sure that you have fresh batteries and general purpose film ready to go. If you are not sure what to get don’t worry. Just bring your camera and we will help you with getting setup for our next class.
- For our first class please bring your top 5 photos in digital format or on photo paper. We would prefer digital so that it is easier to share with the whole class. We will work with most digital formats including but not limited to: CF, SD, Compact Disc, USB Thumb Drives, and DVD.
- Please make sure the photos are easy to find, preferably in a folder separated from your other photos. If you are unsure of how to do this don’t worry. Just write down the names of the photos on your preferred media on a piece of paper and we will explain how to move the files around during class.
- Please make sure to also note one favorite of the bunch. Just in case we don’t have enough time for everyone to get through five we will have enough time for one photo each.
- It would also be nice to have a little background behind each picture. Just a little something to tell the class what you were thinking and why you took the photo. Accidents are welcome as a good part of photography is timing and sometimes things just happen without you knowing how it was performed. This can lead to some interesting discussions to decipher what made the shot.
- Most important of all is to bring an open mind to others visions and views of the world. We all come from different backgrounds which can make for a great learning experience for us all. A little prayer also can’t hurt and can go a long way toward letting God work in your life.
If you have any questions please let us know: email@example.com. I look forward to seeing you all in class.