WWJS? (What Would Jesus Shoot?)
I really liked it when Brother Joe first asked this question of the team via email a couple of weeks ago. It was even better when we all got together and discussed it. I have two versions of “What Would Jesus Shoot?” and I guess I looked at both of them very literally…
- The first and most obvious to me was that Jesus wouldn’t shoot pictures of anything. I did several searches to verify that Jesus was never an observer. Jesus always took action. After all the original question that this was spun from was “What Would Jesus Do?”.
- If he was just watching the world then He would have never died for our sins. John 2:2 – “He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.”
- He would have never showed us how to serve. Mathew 20:28 – “just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- How to be humble. Philippians 2:3 – “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.”
- How to pray. Mark 1:35 – “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.”
- How to glorify God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 – “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
- The second version is that Jesus would not have shot anything while on this world but He would while in Heaven. Think of the Bema Seat Judgement. The first judgment will be for our salvation. The second or Bema Seat Judgment will be a look at how we lived in this world. Jesus will flash our life before us and will show us where we wasted our time and where we lived for Him. This replay of our lives will have way more impact on us than any photo or video could hope to achieve. No special effects or Photoshop required. Just you and Him together experiencing your life and how you handled it just like you were doing it all over again. Then He will wipe away your tears and reward you with everlasting life. That life will then be used to honor Him. Every time I read about the Bema Seat it makes me reflect on what I can do for Him and have I done what He has asked of me.
Ephesians 2:8-9 – For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
2 Corinthians 5:10 – For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
Well that is my take on “What Would Jesus Shoot?”. I pray everyday that He will give me the strength to do what He asks of me. I do this so that I can see the replay of my life in a way that could never be captured on film or digitally. The best part after the replay will be Jesus saying “Well done, good and faithful servant!” – Matthew 25:21